The key to saving yourself some pocket money is to shop smart. There can be hidden discounts right in front of you that you just don’t see! You won’t believe the sales stores offer.
Keep up with their schedule!
Every day of the week stands for a sale for a certain department of the store.
- Monday: electronics, accessories, kids’ clothing, books, baby, stationery
- Tuesday: domestics, women’s clothing, pets, market (food items)
- Wednesday: men’s clothing, health and beauty, diapers, lawn and garden, furniture
- Thursday: housewares, lingerie, shoes, toys, sporting goods, décor and luggage
- Friday: auto, cosmetics, hardware, jewelry
Know your clearance tags!
When you look at the price tags at Target, all you see are numbers. However, those numbers aren’t just numbers. They signify when those prices go on sale and when they’re no longer getting marked down.
- Price tags ending in $0.06 or $0.08: If the price of the item on clearance ends in $0.06 or $0.08, the item will be marked down again eventually. It usually takes about two weeks for the item to start getting marked down lower.
- Price tags ending in $0.04: If the last number in the price of the item ends in $0.04, the item has been marked for final clearance. This means that the item is AT ITS LOWEST. So grab it before someone else does!
- Target price tags ending in $0.00, $0.01, $0.05, $0.07, etc. means that there is nothing special going on with the item.
- Christmas, Back-to-School, Halloween, and other holiday items get reduced quicker than the typical two-week increment. The products begin at 50% off, then are reduced to 70% off, and moves onto 90% off within two weeks. Also, items usually aren’t individually marked; the entire section is at one discount rate.
Sales during specific times!
People will want to shop between 3PM to close on Fridays and Saturdays from open to 1PM! During those times, shoppers will save an additional 10-15% off! So those night owls and early risers have somewhere to shop late at night and in the wee hours of the morning!
Take advantage of what Kohl’s offers!
Kohl’s has a little kiosk that mimics online shopping. You can pick out clothes that you like and add it to your cart. Then, either send it to yourself or someone else WITHOUT having to pay shipping.
Keep up with the days!
Shopping online is such a breeze because you can simply shop from home or anywhere on-the-go! But don’t forget those deals! Make sure to shop online starting from Wednesday to Friday. These are the days retailers begin putting up sales and discounts.
Leave items in your shopping cart!
When you’re iffy about an item, add it to your cart anyways! It doesn’t hurt to view it later to reconsider. Besides, depending on the site, some retailers will give you a special discount just for items that you leave in your shopping cart for awhile. Make sure to sign up for an account on their site so they can keep track of what’s in your cart and offer you great deals!
Thanks for reading my FIRST ever blog! Hoped you enjoyed it and expect more in the near future!