What’s up, Pioneer Visionaries! In an effort to get you “in tune” with the world around you, I’d like to introduce you to an ongoing series I like to call Current Events — I’ll be putting up a few questions related to current events happening around the world. This will be a great opportunity to help you develop awareness of all the amazing (and sometimes not so amazing) social, political and cultural aspects of human life.
Each week, I’ll put up a series of questions for you to answer — you submit answers as a comment below. The catch, though, is this — you may only answer one question per week and you may not answer a question that has already been answered. All comments come to me for approval, so if you’re the first to answer the question, it will get posted and you’re in for a cool little bonus! =P
Here are the rules, abide by them or your comment will be ignored:
- Answers must be in consecutive order – this means that if Question #1 hasn’t been answered, you’re answering this one. Do not skip ahead.
- Answers must be in complete sentences with correct grammar and syntax.
- The question must be restated in the answer.
- When commenting, you need to include your first and last name in the Author field.
- Deadline is the Friday of that week — after that, all answers are void.
- Comments may not be submitted between the school hours of 7:45AM – 2:37PM.
You dig? Cool, because you’re wasting time.
Week of Sept. 13 – 17, 2010
- What two Mideast groups are participating in negotiations that start this week and participants hope will conclude with a peace deal within the next 12 months?
- Name one or both of these groups’ leaders. (Refer to Question #1)
- Who is the U.S. Secretary of State who is meeting with them this week?
- What country released American hiker Sarah Shourd after more than a year in prison?
- The Internet is still buzzing about what Lady Gaga wore to the MTV Video Music Awards last weekend. She said her outfit was indeed made entirely of what?
- Primary elections this week created quite a stir as some members of what fairly new third party emerged as winners?
- Senate Democrats and Republicans are getting set for a battle about just exactly who would get to continue its ______________________________.
- What social networking site announced major changes in its look and functions to be rolled out over the next several weeks?