CONTENT OBJECTIVES: Demonstrate your ability to:
- Create dynamic, well-timed dialogue
- Effectively incorporate B-Roll
- Create an engaging audition tape that effectively grabs the view
Survivor is a reality television game show format produced in many countries throughout the world. In the show, contestants are isolated in the wilderness and compete for cash and other prizes. The show uses a system of progressive elimination, allowing the contestants to vote off other tribe members until only one final contestant remains and wins the title of “Sole Survivor”. The format for Survivor was created in 1992 by British television producer Charlie Parson.
The series is currently in its 22nd season, which takes place near the beach of San Juan del Sur in Nicaragua, the same location as the previous season. The series has been renewed for a 23rd and 24th season, along with Jeff Probst renewing his contract to host the show through its 24th season.
You are the greatest, most unbelievable talent the producers of Survivor have yet to see. Create a 1-2 minute audition tape explaining why you have what it takes to be the “Ultimate Survivor”.
NOTE: This assignment, while still a group project, requires each and every student to create their own audition tape.
- Script (Using Celtx)
- Scout locations
As always, treatment, storyboards and shot list need to be approved by Mr. Olmedo before equipment is assigned and permission-to-shoot is granted.
- Have locations pre-approved
- Grab your script, props, crew members and shoot!
Edit your footage using Final Cut Pro
Create your titles, product card, credits in Motion
Mix your sound using a combination of Soundtrack, Final Cut Pro and Garageband
- TRT must be between 1:00 – 2:00
- Start on black, go straight into video and/or audio (No Title Cards)
- Make use of controlled color
- Background music and/or sound effects
- End on black.